Stage 1, Complete
Whew. Stage 1 of the migration is at last complete (interrupted over the weekend by a trip to Vegas, about which more later). For the interested, here’s how it went:
- Copied all relevant files as-was from the old host to the new.
- Switched the hosting information with my domain registrar.
- In the meantime, converted the BerkeleyDB I’d been using to MySQL (which I’d been meaning to do for some time, and which was easier than I’d expected).
- Did a MySQL export.
- Went to Vegas. Ate and drank way too much. Came home.
- Imported the MySQL dump into the new database.
- Logged into MT, changed the configuration info, and rebuilt.
All seems well — comments once again functional, etc. Stage 2 begins tomorrow.
No mentions yet.