Certainly this is more for my benefit than for yours, but here’s what now remains before the sabbatical begins:
- Seven teaching days.
- Twelve class sessions.
- Three sessions of office hours.
- Four committee meetings.
- Four meetings with a program administrator.
- Two department dinners.
- One set of Ph.D. orals.
- One faculty forum.
- One faculty meeting.
- One graduate student conference.
- One curriculum revision meetings.
- Nine job candidate campus visits.
- Twenty-five rough drafts of final new media projects.
- Sixteen rough drafts of graduate term papers.
- Sixteen final literary interpretation papers.
- Twenty-five final new media projects.
- Sixteen final graduate term papers.
- One senior thesis draft.
- Two final senior theses.
That, and a bunch of packing, in the next month. That is what stands between me and freedom. Looking at it like that makes it seem a miniscule barrier, one easily gotten over. But ask me again in a couple of weeks how I’m feeling about it…
No mentions yet.