Confirmed and ticketed:
- August 10-15 — Montr?©al; American Sociological Association.*
- September 28-October 6 — Paris and Vienna; BlogTalk Reloaded.**
- October 26-29 — Austin; Flow.
- August 18-23ish — New York (if meeting is scheduled).
- October 20-22 — Portland; NITLE symposium on learning management systems at liberal arts colleges (if proposal is accepted).
Almost certain, but too early to make plans:
- December 18-25ish — Baton Rouge.
- December 26-29 — Philadelphia, MLA.
- December 29-January somethingth — Paris. (Yippee!)
*No, I haven’t changed fields; I’m on a joint search committee doing preliminary interviews there.
**The Paris part of the journey is both for fun and for economy, believe it or not. A roundtrip ticket from SoCal to Vienna is currently in the $1300 vicinity, and requires me to fly in and out of LAX, which adds another 3 hours to the journey, and is without question the worst part of the trip. I managed, instead, to get a roundtrip ticket on Continental from ONT to CDG for $1000 (still more than I’d like to have spent, but it has good travel times and is, alas, pretty much the going rate) and a roundtrip ticket on Air France from CDG to VIE for $175. And all the better, I save some money on hotels, and get to hang out with my pal Marcus!